The Walter A. Bloedorn Foundation awards grants once a year. Grant Requests must be received by December 31st of any given year. Organizations are selected through a Grant Request review process, interviews and site visits. Grant Requests are then reviewed, discussed and decided by the Board of Directors in the year following their receipt. Awards are generally mailed in June but must be paid out by the end of the year. Normally, the Foundation does not assist with the following:
- Individuals Requests
- General Operating Funds
- Organizations Outside Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
Please submit your four-page Grant Request by email or mail:WalterBloedorn@gmail.com
The Walter A. Bloedorn Foundation
888 Seventeenth Street, N.W. Suite 210
Washington, D.C. 20006
Grant Request Guidelines
Grant Requests should not exceed 4 pages and should include the following information:
- Date of Submission
- Name of the Organization: Mailing Address, Phone, Website, Year Founded and the Tax Exemption ID Number
- Mission Statement
- Contacts: Name, Phone and Email
- Project Name
- Amount Requesting and Total Project Budget
- Project Description should include: Goals, Impact, Population and Number Served, Geographic Area, Community Partners, Sustainability and Evaluation, Number of Board Members, Paid Staff, Volunteers, etc.
- Please include a copy of your 501 (C) 3 Non-Profit Tax Exemption letter.
- Download the following form to your files as either a Word Document or a PDF file.